Help this Norwich church group get the Christmas number 1
- Credit: George Cuffley
A Norwich church group, 'Proclaimers', has announced their intention of getting the Christmas number one spot- but they need your help getting there.
Dr Phil Temple, project coordinator, said: 'Can you remember the last time there was a Christmas number one that was actually about Christmas? It was 2004 with Band Aid 20's 'Do they know it's Christmas'. That was twelve years ago. And the last Christmas song before that was in 1990 with Cliff Richards 'Saviour's Day'. We think it's time to have a Christmas number one song that is actually about Christmas and that celebrates all the great things everyone loves about the festive season!'
The group are looking for contributions from the local community, to help in every element of the song's making; from lyric writing, to production, to performance.
The song will be released next month, with all profits from the sales being donated to Norwich charities.
The Proclaimers, said: 'We are hoping that if we can get the people of Norwich, Norfolk and then beyond to get on board via social media, we can create enough groundswell of interest and support that it will get the attention of the wider media, which may well just snowball to us being able to get Norwich the Christmas number one slot in the UK charts this year.'
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in supporting this campaign can use the hashtag #TheGreatest and can be found on facebook at @proclaimersnorwich on twitter and instagram. To be a part of the project, or to find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road