Help keep Norfolk’s elderly warm this winter
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures drop this weekend, Norfolk's most vulnerable elderly will feel the cold more than most.
You can help them stay warm and healthy by donating to our Surviving Winter appeal.
The appeal, run by the Norfolk Community Foundation, Age UK Norfolk and the EDP, gives grants to vulnerable elderly households towards their winter fuel bills.
Donations large and small have been flooding in since the launch of the Surviving Winter Appeal. More than £10,000 has been raised in the first week.
Anna Douglas from the foundation said: 'A week on since the launch and we have already reached £10,000 which has far exceeded our expectations.
'We have received a combination of donations from those that are now very familiar with the campaign and automatically send their winter fuel payment to support the appeal and others who have been touched by the appeal and inspired to contribute.
'We would like to thank everyone who has contributed so far. Whether it's £10 or £1000, the money will help to keep the elderly and vulnerable warm this winter.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Last year's appeal helped more than 100 households across Norfolk. Many more are expcted to struggle this winter, with colder than normal temperatures forecast.
The foundation is appealing for better-off households, which receive the non-means tested winter fuel payment, to donate it to help those in need.
There are a number of ways to give:
To make an online donation, click here.
You can also pay by text or BACS transfer – call 01603 623958.
To request help from the appeal, call Age UK Norfolk on 0300 500 1217.