Hellesdon youngster asks friends for birthday donations to East Anglian Air Ambulance
Most children are hoping to get the latest toys for their seventh birthday, Elizabeth Nichols wanted to be different though.
The youngster, from Hellesdon, celebrated her birthday with friends this year and instead of presents asked her friends and family for donations for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
Elizabeth, a pupil at Bignold Primary School, raised �59.65 for the EAAA, as her mum, Suzanna Dell, explained: 'We had a birthday party (at Quasar Elitle, on St Stephen's Road) and rather than any presents Elizabeth asked for donations.
'We live in Hellesdon, right by the airport, and I work at the university but I'm based at the hospital, so sometimes she sees the air ambulance there and sometimes when she's playing in our garden.'
With that donation now safely banked, Elizabeth is concentrating on raising money for her next event, the Race for Life in May, for Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanna added: 'She's very caring. She wanted to do the Race For Life from the moment she saw I was doing it.'
Have you got a picture for Local Life? Go to www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case