Hellesdon pub temporarily closed
The Falcon in Cromer Road is to let through city-based Humberstone's agents and a spokesman for owner, Enterprise Inns said: 'The Falcon is only closed temporarily while we recruit a new publican to take the business forward and return the Falcon to its former glory as a family dining pub.'
The pub opened in 1926 as the Falcon Hotel and was a Beefeater pub/restaurant throughout the 1970s.
It received a major refurbishment in June 2011, but the last leaseholders were unable to make it a success.
A spokesman for Humberstones said: 'Many years ago the business operated as a Beefeater. Subsequently our clients, Enterprise Inns acquired the site and leased it out successfully for many years.
'We and our clients believe there is a huge opportunity for a substantial food-based operation with little competition depending on the style chosen.'
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging customers to help pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
For more campaign stories visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
Is anything new happening at your Norwich local? Let us know. Email reporter David Bale at email@example.com