Hellesdon and Sprowston Brass Band call for cornets
A brass band is hoping to build on their recent competition success by drumming up new players.
Hellesdon and Sprowston Brass Band have excelled in the last year, as they celebrated second place in their category in the East Anglian Brass Band Association Spring Festival competition in May.
They have also released a CD in collaboration with the UEA, 'H&S Live at the UEA', which has sold nearly 100 copies.
But band member Alan Kirkham said despite delight at CD sales, they need more members.
He said: 'We've always ticked over at about 25 to 30 players, but we want to start making some more noise about the band.
You may also want to watch:
'We've gone from 25 to 50 players in the last year, but we're still looking for four or five really good front-row cornets.
'By next year, those we are currently training in the back row will be ready to move up, but we desperately need people who are already Grade 4.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
On CD sales he added: 'I'm blown away. I thought it was only going to be good enough to hand out to friends.'
The band needs new cornet players in order to go ahead with two planned concerts. If you can help then contact Jim on 07917 275927 or visit the website http://hellesdonandsprowstonbrass.co.uk.