Helicopter and dog hunt sparked by burnt out car found in Thetford
- Credit: Matthew Usher
The discovery of a burnt out car in Thetford sparked a hunt for suspects from the police helicopter and dog units.
The car, believed to be an Audi A4, was found in the middle of Barnham Cross Common at around 11.40pm last night.
Fire crews attended the scene and extinguished the fire with hand appliances.
Police also attended, and searched the area for suspects with the assistance of the police helicopter and dog units.
No one was arrested, but a police spokesman said the incident was being treated as a suspected arson.
You may also want to watch:
The common lies next to the Barnham Cross Common Estate, which saw a spate of arson incidents in August.
Anyone with information is being urged to call police on 101, citing CAD number 608.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction