Heidi Jackson - Heroic and selfless people restore my faith in humanity after Westminster terror attack
- Credit: Steve Adams
It would be incredibly naïve to forget that terrorist attacks happen frequently all over the world but being so close, the Westminster attack definitely struck a chord across the nation.
Naturally, there has been extensive negative coverage of the horrific events but importantly, the selfless and heroic actions of others have been highlighted.
On top of this the sheer solidarity reflected shortly after the attack really does represent the best of our country and ultimately, what Britain truly stands for.
It is incredibly unfortunate that this sense of unity is the outcome of such terrible circumstances but nonetheless it helps us to deal with what has happened.
We must take the small positives out of such heart breaking news and commend those for their brave actions.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public were desperately trying to save the life of policeman Keith Palmer before help arrived and it is those people and the officer who are the heroes in this.
We must also praise the emergency services and the many doctors and nurses from a nearby hospital who ran out into the madness to help those in need.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Not everyone would put themselves into that dangerous situation; they really did go above and beyond the expectations of their jobs.
These people help to restore our faith in humanity at such a terrible time where we find ourselves questioning why somebody would do something so horrifying. The best thing we can do as a country is show that we are strong and standing together.