Heating failure at Sportspark sees swimming pool shut and county championships postponed
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
The swimming pool at the University of East Anglia's Sportspark has been closed due to problems with hot water and heating.
The Sportspark tweeted on Sunday (January 27) morning that they had no hot water across the building.
The problem started on Saturday afternoon and is still causing difficulties.
A notable casualty was the cancellation of Norfolk County Amateur Swimming Association's county championships, which were due to take place in the Sportspark's pool.
Norfolk County ASA posted a message on Facebook saying: 'Unfortunately, due to a mass heating failure on the Sportspark campus, Norfolk swimming have decided to cancel the county championships on Sunday, January 27.
You may also want to watch:
'The air and pool temperature are falling and there is no circulating air. The day's schedule will be moved to Sunday, February 10. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.'
Norfolk United Netball Club, meanwhile, took to Facebook to urge anyone heading for academy training or to support the team playing Leyton United in the National Premier Competition to 'layer up' because the heating had failed.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
As well as the closure of the swimming pool, the cafe is running a counter service only.