Heather ends 23-year career at Coltishall Post Office today
- Credit: Archant
Heather Boulter, a familiar face behind the counter at Coltishall Post Office, retires today after 23 years' continuous service there.
Mrs Boulter, 62, who lives in nearby Horstead, started working at the post office in 1990, when Sandy Rose was the sub-postmistress.
She now wants more time to look after her elderly father and to spend with her husband Gordon enjoying her hobbies, which include bird watching and walking. The couple also plan to spend time touring Europe in their motorhome.
Current owner of the post office, Steve Haines, who said he had been there a 'mere' 10 years, added: 'We shall miss Heather terribly. She seems to know all of our customers on first-name terms and all of their individual preferences. 'She is always willing to help people out, frequently going out of her way to find answers to their questions, even when they are not post office related. She has been a tremendous asset to the local community and will be missed by everyone.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault