Hearts skip a beat as Olly Murs pays surprise visit to Lowestoft
- Credit: Bryan Grint
It was a case of Right Place Right Time for some lucky football fans as Olly Murs turned up in Lowestoft to watch a non-league match.
The singer's Unpredictable arrival on Saturday (October 7) coincided with Non-League Day, where clubs promote the importance of affordable, volunteer-led community football.
Murs came Wrapped Up in his Coggeshall Town coat to support the Essex club as they took on Kirkley and Pakefield FC at Walmer Road.
Despite KPFC leading for the majority, there were cries of 'Oh My Goodness' as Coggeshall equalised late on to salvage a point.
Kirkley and Pakefield fan Joe Randlesome said: 'Olly was happy to pose for photographs, sign programmes and joke with supporters at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
'It was great to see a high-profile pop star supporting grassroots football in Lowestoft - particularly on Non-League Day.'
And What a Buzz it was for employees at a local fast food chain, as Murs kept Busy by stopping off for food at the drive-through.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list