Radio presenters surprise musical charity with almost £80,000
- Credit: Global
Two radio presenters have surprised a Norfolk charity with a cheque for almost £80,000.
Heidi Secker and Dave Taylor, who present Heart East Anglia's breakfast show, arranged to film Musical Keys receiving a cheque of £32,479 that the charity had applied for.
What the charity did not know was the cheque would in fact be for £79,000.
Musical Keys offers more than 5,000 places to disabled people in Norfolk, providing all ages with access to music and the arts.
The money raised by Heart East Anglia and Global's Make Some Noise will fund two projects involving weekly and fortnightly sessions in six locations, for the next two years.
You may also want to watch:
The Unite and Express projects use music to improve the emotional and mental well-being of children and young people.
Since its launch in 2014, Make Some Noise has raised more than £11m and helped 192 charities and projects.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council