Young Thorpe St Andrew first aiders given certificates after four years of study
- Credit: Archant
Three young first aiders have been presented with a prestigious accolade from St John Ambulance.
Annabel Francis-Ray and Chloe Cowles, both ten, and Daniel Warnes, nine, were given the Super Badger Award after working their way through 12 subjects.
One of the areas that the trio, all members of the Thorpe St Andrew badger sett, excelled in was first aid, meaning they now have the know how to one day save a life.
Their certificates were presented by Chris Levis, district manager for St john Ambulance units in Norfolk, at a ceremony at the Thorpe St Andrew sett building.
Chloe and Daniel both have siblings who are young volunteers for the charity in Norwich and Daniel intends to move up to cadet level when he turns ten.
You may also want to watch:
Muriel Davie, leader of St John Ambulance's Thorpe St Andrew Badgers, said: 'All three Super Badgers have worked very hard to achieve this award and have completed 12 subjects out of a choice of 15.
'During the four years it has taken to finish their subjects they have also enjoyed residential weekends and fun days which is all part of being a St John Ambulance Badger.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
'All three have really enjoyed being Badgers. Well done Annabel, Chloe and Daniel.'
Now that Annabel and Daniel are nearing the end of their time as badgers, the sett is on the lookout for new volunteers.
If you are a local parent who would like your child to get involved, contact Mr Levis at email@example.com to arrange a chat.
The Thorpe St Andrew sett is one of a handful of units in Norfolk needing to recruit new youth leaders.
To apply for one of these roles, please visit www.sja.org.uk and view the volunteering pages.
Do you have a story that would be suitable for these pages? Email firstname.lastname@example.org