Coronavirus: Pub closes to ‘keep community safe’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A popular pub has opted to close in order to “help stop the spread” of coronavirus.
The White Hart Hotel in Hingham has announced “with short-term sadness” that the pub will shut from Saturday (March 21) until further notice.
It will, however, begin providing a takeaway service of its menu items and essential supplies for those in isolation, with payment taken over the phone.
In a statement, The Hart’s management team added: “This is not due to lack of loyal trade but due to our moral responsibility to keep ourselves and our community safe.
“We love our community and do not wish to bring any harm to those within it. We wish to help stop the spread now where we can, and will reopen when government advice says it is safe to do so.”
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you all for your continued love, support and help, but your safety and ours is a priority now.”
Anyone in need of essential supplies is encouraged to call The White Hart on 01953 850214, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message the pub’s Facebook page.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk