Wear a Hat Day raises cash for Brain Tumour Research
- Credit: Norfolk Brain Tumour Support Group
Families across Norfolk supported Wear A Hat Day for national charity Brain Tumour Research on March 29.
To mark the occasion Norfolk Brain Tumour Support Group held a Wear A Hat Day afternoon tea at Benji's in Jarrold.
Money raised from donations and a raffle enabled the group to donate £208.50 to Brain Tumour Research.
The group thanked Jarrold for supporting the event in their millinery department and providing the afternoon tea, and also to local charity Big C for donning their hats at Big C Support and Information Centres.
Norfolk Brain Tumour Support Group meets at the Big C support and informationcentre at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital between 1.30pm and 3.30pm on the first Thursday of every month. For more information telephone Big C on 01603 286112.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is on May 2 and anyone affected by brain tumour is welcome.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building