Video: Scooby Doo pays a visit to youngsters at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Youngsters enjoyed meeting a surprise canine visitor at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Scooby-Doo dropped into the hospital yesterday ahead of his new show coming to Norwich's Theatre Royal.
Waving and giving high fives as he went, the children's TV character toured the hospital to cheer up patients.
Among those to meet Scooby Doo was eight-year-old Henry Gamble, from Cringleford, who was in hospital because of a foot infection.
He said it was a big surprise to meet Scooby-Doo – one of his top five TV characters – and that he was hoping to watch Scooby-Doo! The Mystery of the Pyramid at the Theatre Royal later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Henry said: 'I was told there was going to be a surprise – I thought it was going to be some special medicine but a dog isn't medicine! It was a good surprise!'
Eight-year-old Matthew Saunders, from Saham Toney and who was at the hospital for a check-up, was one of the other children to meet Scooby- Doo. He enjoyed posing for pictures with him and giving him high fives.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
The special visit was organised by the show in conjunction with the hospital's arts project which aims to enhance the environment within the wards and buildings for patients, their families and friends, and staff.
Emma Jarvis, the hospital arts coordinator, said: 'We are extending our links with the Theatre Royal, and visits like this really make a difference to the children. It's something special for them. We are really grateful to the Theatre Royal.'
Scooby-Doo will be at the Theatre Royal with his new show The Mystery of the Pyramid from next Monday to Wednesday.
The show sees Scooby and friends Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne take their brightly-coloured Mystery Machine on a brand new adventure to the land of the Pharoahs.
They find themselves having to deal with mysterious Egyptian mummies who are protecting an ancient pyramid, plus the risk of being turned into stone if they dare to approach the imposing stone structure.
John Bultitude, of the Theatre Royal, said: 'This is a brand new adventure for a ghost-hunter and his friends who have been sniffing out spooks for generations.'
Scooby-Doo – The Mystery Of The Pyramid is at the Theatre Royal from April 14-16. Tickets £5.50-£22.50. To book, call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk