Unsung heroes to be honoured at care awards
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It is an industry full of unsung heroes who dedicate their lives to looking after others at their time of need. And this week those committed workers will be celebrated at the Norfolk Care Awards, which aims to recognise the excellent service provided by carers across the region.
Harold Bodmer, executive director of adult social services at Norfolk County Council, said: 'The Norfolk Care Awards give us the chance to acknowledge the outstanding work done in care across the county – and we have many excellent examples to choose from.'
A total of 156 nominations were made to the organisers, who have narrowed down the short-listed candidates to 25 people and organisations.
The candidates are spread among nine awards, which range from individual to team categories.
The event will be hosted by Shaun Williamson, who played Barry Evans in EastEnders between 1994 and 2004.
You may also want to watch:
Willie Cruickshank, director of Norfolk and Suffolk Dementia Alliance, added: 'Norfolk has an ageing population with significant growth projected in the number of people over the age of 85.
'Never before has it been so important to recognise and celebrate excellence.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
The awards will be presented at a gala event at Sprowston Manor Hotel, near Norwich, on Thursday. This year marks the first time the event will be streamed live on the website YouTube so that families and friends of those nominated can watch the awards be presented.
To see the list of shortlisted candidates, buy a copy of today's Eastern Daily Press.
Have you got a story about the care industry? Email email@example.com