University of East Anglia expert launches prestigious social work awards in London
- Credit: GENESIS PR
An award-winning University of East Anglia social work expert is spearheading a nationwide competition to find the best in the business.
Prof June Thoburn, who won the outstanding contribution award at last year's Social Worker of the Year Awards, launched the 2017 awards at the House of Commons.
Prof Thoburn said: 'It's been very exciting to be hosted in the Houses of Parliament. These awards really galvanise social workers and their employers to think about how important it is to show off the great work that they're doing.'
She started as a childcare officer in the 1960s before becoming a social work professor at the University of East Anglia in 1979.
She is now internationally recognised for her children's social care research.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for this year's awards open on Tuesday, March 28 and close on Friday, July 21.
Visit www.socialworkawards.com and entry forms are available to download from March 28.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it