Two nurses from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn given leadership awards
- Credit: Archant
Two senior QEH nurses have received top regional awards for their inspirational leadership, beating off competition from hospitals and other NHS bodies across the East of England.
Claire Kent, matron for emergency services, was named as Emerging Leader of the Year in the East of England NHS Leadership Recognition Awards, while colleague Maria Cox, learning disabilities liaison nurse, was named as Leader of Patient Inclusivity of the Year, for her work with patients with learning difficulties.
Mrs Kent's nomination said she was 'an outstanding matron who leads by example'. She was praised by her staff for the way she coaches them.
'I was humbled to be nominated, let alone to win this award,' she said. 'I believe passionately that good leadership is an essential ingredient in providing great care to patients and their families.'
Mrs Cox was said by staff who nominated her to be 'a true leader of patient inclusivity' who made attending hospital 'a better experience' for patients with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'Inclusivity means putting patients at the heart of all that I do. Whether I am writing policies, or helping someone to have a wash, I ensure people with learning disabilities and autism are included in all the decision-making, regardless of their level of ability.'
The awards were presented at a gala event held at Duxford Air Museum, near Cambridge. A number of QEH staff were short-listed for awards.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction