Tour including Norwich Theatre Royal dates is postponed after actress Lynda Bellingham is diagnosed with cancer
- Credit: submitted
A touring production due to visit Norwich has been postponed following the news lead actress Lynda Bellingham has been diagnosed with cancer.
Producers of the comedy A Passionate Woman took the decision after the star - well known for shows like Loose Women and All Creatures Great and Small, and the Oxo TV adverts - was advised by doctors it would be unwise for her to go ahead with a tour for medical reasons. The show was due to be at Norwich Theatre Royal between October 28 and November 2,
Lynda, who is aiming to return to the production next year, said: 'I am devastated not to be able to honour my commitments to the play this year but, having toured many times before, I am aware of the sheer stamina needed and I need to prioritise my recovery. That said, nothing's going to stop me coming back next year and I can't wait to be 'a passionate woman.''
Daniel Evans, artistic director of Sheffield Theatres who co-produced the tour with David Pugh and Dafydd Rogers, said: 'A Passionate Woman is an extraordinary play about an extraordinary woman, and that woman is Lynda Bellingham. She is the heart of this production and it's inconceivable that we would do it without her. Our priority is to Lynda and her health, and we look forward to welcoming her back soon.'
Everyone who had booked to see the show in Norwich will be contacted by the Theatre Royal box office.
You may also want to watch:
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'We would ask all patrons to bear with us following the sad news about Lynda. We will get in touch with all patrons who had secured seats over the next few days to process their refunds for A Passionate Woman. Meanwhile, we all wish Lynda well with her treatment and look forward to welcoming her back to Norwich in the future.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks