Town’s surgery warns of delays due to staff shortages and missed appointments
- Credit: Archant
A doctors surgery in Dereham has warned patients of a limited service due to staff shortages and missed appointments.
Theatre Royal Surgery on Theatre Street may ask patients to attend a walk in centre due to clinical staff shortages at the practice.
The surgery posted on Facebook: "As with last week, unfortunately due to unexpected clinical staff shortages we are only able to offer a very limited service this week and would appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter.
"Please be aware that we only have very few emergency clinics and you may be asked to attend the walk in centre in Norwich.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused and are trying our best to offer as many appointments as we can with the limited resources available to us."
You may also want to watch:
The practice has also revealed that 180 appointments were not attended by patients in the last month.
They said: "With the shortages of appointments, now is a more crucial time than ever to cancel your appointments if you no longer need them or cannot make them.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
"Please remember to let us know if there is an appointment that you cannot attend so that it can be cancelled and offered to someone else in need."
Theatre Royal is a teaching practice and works with the UEA Medical School providing tuition to first year medical students.