Team at GP surgery named as the best in East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Staff and GPs at a medical practice are celebrating after being declared the best team in the region.
Colleagues at Ludham and Stalham Green Surgeries won the Practice Team Award from the Royal College of General Practitioners' (RCGP) East Anglia Faculty.
The two-site practice – which has 5,500 people on its patient list – was presented with the award at a ceremony in Newmarket after impressing judges with its caring and professional approach.
The practice comprises four GP partners, one registrar, three practice nurses, three healthcare assistants, two apprentices, and staff who work in a number of management, administration, reception, and dispensary roles.
It comes a month after North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb praised the practice's 'warm, friendly, and professional atmosphere'.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Halls, practice manager, said: 'We are absolutely delighted. This has been a real boost to the whole team. We take great pride in the services we offer to patients and this is only possible because we support each other to create a happy, professional and caring environment.'
Some of those highly-praised services include personal bereavement visits, outreach flu clinics in local village halls to serve the rural population, and even carers events to ensure carers are made aware of available support.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
Dr Colin Sale, senior GP partner, added: 'I am so proud to see our practice team receive this well-deserved recognition of their care and hard work together.'
Angie Taverner, office manager, said: 'I'm totally elated to think we've won this wonderful award. Having worked here for 18 months, the teamwork and patient consideration and kindness is second to none.
'It's a great place to work, knowing we help people on a daily basis.'
Do you have a health story to tell? Email email@example.com