Support service for sex workers set to move in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A support service for sex workers is set to move after a community health trust won a bid to continue its contract in Norwich.
Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) has won a competitive tender to continue providing the Matrix Project - a service which provides sex workers, former sex workers, and their families, with health and social care support.
Officials from the NHS trust said clients will soon be able to access a wider range of support, with plans to bring together the Matrix service and its City Reach Health Services to create a one-stop-shop for vulnerable people. City Reach specialises in providing primary care to people who are homeless, ex-offenders, and refugees.
It will involve the relocation of the Matrix team from Adelaide Street, in Norwich, to the Under-1-Roof unit, in Westwick Street, which is set to take place in October.
The relocation will also see the teams working more closely with St Martins Housing Trust, which runs Under-1-Roof.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Chedgey, will continue to lead the service. She said: 'We are absolutely delighted to secure this commitment to continue the Matrix Project. It is essential that we meet the needs of vulnerable people, as they may not otherwise access primary care and support. This is a really exciting opportunity to further develop our unique service.'
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home