Asda product recall following salmonella scare
- Credit: Steve Adams
Asda has recalled two of its own-brand cereal bars because the products might contain salmonella.
The supermarket giant has taken 'the precautionary step' to recall the peanut and almond cereal bars and the cranberry and nut cereal bars because they might contain the harmful bacteria.
In a statement on their website, Asda said: 'The products listed above might be contaminated with salmonella. Symptoms caused by salmonella usually include fever, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps.
'Point of sale notices will be displayed in all retail stores that are selling these products.
'These notices explain to customers why the products have been recalled and tell them what to do if they have bought them.
You may also want to watch:
'If you have bought any of the above products do not eat them. Instead, return to the store from where they were bought for a full refund,' they said
Suffolk Trading Standards also issued a warning on the recalled product.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 6 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?