Student nurse at Norwich’s Hellesdon Hospital given top award
- Credit: RCN
A student nurse at Norwich's Hellesdon Hospital has received a top award for her work improving patient care.
Mandy Spaul received the Royal College of Nursing's Foundation Impact Award at the organisation's congress in Liverpool, in recognition of the impact achieved in learning and development to improve patient experience and nursing care.
Ms Spaul, a student at the University of Suffolk and currently on a work-based learning programme at the Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust, was funded by the RCN Foundation through the Kershaw Family Bursary Scheme to complete a Mindfulness for Health course.
Ms Spaul is a clinical support worker and also currently studying to complete her nursing undergraduate degree. Once she has qualified she will work as a mental health nurse.
The RCN Foundation works to support the needs of nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants, as well as nursing students. As a registered charity they help individuals to develop their practice so they can provide the very best possible advice, support and care to patients, through awarding project grants and bursaries.
You may also want to watch:
Teresa Budrey, regional director for the eastern region said: 'The RCN Foundation provides excellent opportunities in supporting individuals to make a difference in quality patient care and myself, and everyone in eastern region, congratulate Mandy on this award.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes