Stop smoking service teams up with local hospital to help patients and staff
- Credit: Archant
The region's stop smoking service has teamed up with residents and staff at a hospital to help people struggling to end their addiction to cigarettes.
Smokefree Norfolk has started holding monthly clinics at Jeesal Park Hospital, Cawston, thanks to the efforts of specialist nurse Victoria Astley and Smokefree Norfolk's Melanie Macrow.
They have helped staff at the hospital, who looks after patients with learning disabilities, to become level two smoking cessation advisors.
Ms Astley said: 'We want to be able to give patients and staff support, and to educate them into stopping smoking for the good of their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
'We believe that it is important to improve patients' quality of life and improve their development whilst they are at the Jeesal Park Hospital.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Smokefree Norfolk call 0800 0854113 or visit http://smokefreenorfolk.nhs.uk
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park