Soccer coach Sam’s kicking off in King’s Lynn
Ex Peterborough United centre back Sam Gaughran will be King's Lynn neighbourhood football co-ordinator from February.
He's hoping to grow the Neighbourhood Football league, which has already seen more than 2,500 youngsters taking part in regular football.
Footballing hopefuls in two age groups - 13-15 years and 16-19 years - get the chance to take part in weekly coaching sessions as well as playing in six-a-side league matches and tournaments during the school holidays
It is free to take part and each team is supplied with its own team kit. As well as gaining football skills and having fun, participants can opt to train for football coaching qualifications.
Adam garford, West Norfolk's urban sports motivator, set up the league in April 2010.
You may also want to watch:
'We're really looking forward to working with Sam and hope that lots of youngsters will take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to learn from a former pro,' he said.
Sam Gaughran said: 'It will be a great opportunity for teenagers to participate in the football training and hopefully learn new skills along the way. I am really looking forwad to the project and I believe it will be a great success.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
Training sessions begin in February in Gaywood, North Lynn, Fairstead and The Walks. For more information call 07545 156617.