Mum reaches 8 stone weight loss goal during lockdown
- Credit: Kimi Storey
A mum from Beccles achieved a remarkable Slimming World mile stone during lockdown.
Kimi Storey, 34, who started her slimming journey less than one year ago continued to lose weight despite the challenges of the coronavirus lockdown and achieved Slimming World’s eight stone award.
Mrs Storey said: “When lockdown first happened I was worried about how I was going to manage to continue to lose weight.
“But with the support of the group and carrying on I have been able to achieve my eight stone award less than a year after walking through the door for the first time.”
Local slimming groups have adapted to the pandemic restrictions by hosting virtual meetings, and many other members have had success with this new way of working.
You may also want to watch:
Consultant Abby Earl from Beccles, who runs the group Mrs Storey attends, has lost almost two stone in seven weeks.
Miss Earl said: “The group is getting the same support as previously but just now it’s changed to a virtual service.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
“In one week alone the group lost an incredible combined total of 103lb.”
The Caister Slimming World group, run by Sharron Clifton-Brown, has also had success over recent weeks with the help of virtual meetings.
Her member Amanda Day, 39, has lost four stone in the last four months - much of which has been in lockdown.
She said: “I cannot wait for Covid-19 to pass where I can go out and share my new figure with confidence with family and friends.
“I know moving forward I will not be the one taking all the photos but the one in them all.”
Slimming World consultants said continued support for their groups was especially important at this time as being overweight has been shown to increase risk factor for needing hospital treatment if you contract coronavirus.