Slimmers dine out for appeal in King’s Lynn
Keen slimmers were able to enjoy healthy food and raise money for a good cause at an event from which all proceeds went to the Excel Appeal.
About 80 members of local Slimming World groups met at the Deer's Leap Pub in King's Lynn for a special meal out, with more than 50 raffle prizes up for grabs.
Mark Godfrey, a Slimming World consultant, said: 'There was a great buzz throughout the evening.'
Healthy dishes such as chicken in lettuce, swede mash and broccoli bake were on the menu, along with other tasty foods.
Members, who paid for the pub to make the food, also brought with them various prizes for the raffle, which raised £164 towards the Excel Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The appeal aims to raise £50,000 for specialist equipment, such as falls prevention kits, recliner chairs, and dementia software, which will all improve the King's Lynn Queen Elizabeth Hospital's care of the elderly.
Mr Godfrey said: 'We had a buffet so people could try lots of different types of food.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
'The point was to eat food which you don't have to measure but it will fill you up.'
Slimming World groups in the region have pledged to fundraise for the appeal throughout 2016.
Mr Godfrey said: 'Some of the members are thinking about how they can raise lots of money for the appeal.
'There is a whole array of events that can be put on, but we're in the planning stage at the moment.'
Sponsorship and donation forms are available at www.qehkl.nhs.uk/fundraising. To donate visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal or you can pay by cheque made payable to 'Excel Appeal'. Send it to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the appeal? Email email@example.com