Round table pledges to double donations to hospital’s coronavirus appeal
- Credit: Archant
Round tablers are pledging to double donations to a hospital’s crowdfunding appeal.
More than £18,000 has so far been donated to a JustGiving page set up by the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
It plans to use the money to support patients and staff during the coronavirus outbreak.
Subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, with all the latest from where you liveNow Hunstanton Round Table has said it will match donations made pound for pound over the next three weeks, up to a total of £2,500.
Chairman Matt Hallard said: “Together that means we can donate a total of £5,000. Simply donate to the just giving page via the link below.
“Anyone leaving a comment on the JustGiving site please tag it with #RoundTableDoubleIt if you can.”
You may also want to watch:
One donor said on the hospital’s appeal page: “Thank you all for your wonderful dedication throughout the Covid-19 crisis.”
Another added: “You have done so much for me I wouldn’t be here today without you. This is a fantastic hospital with fantastic kind and caring staff.”
To donate to the appeal, click here.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community