Public meeting to quiz health chiefs at North Walsham is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
A planned public meeting in north Norfolk to quiz health chiefs has been cancelled after the bosses declined to attend.
The meeting, called by the north Norfolk Labour party, was due to be held on Friday March 13 at North Walsham.
The party had asked the chairmen of the local clinical commissioning group, ambulance, mental health and hospital trusts to attend to answer concerns about response times, adequacy of service and accident and emergency blockages.
But the chiefs were either not available or said it was too close to the election, said the party.
North Norfolk Labour is now encouraging people to instead attend the public board meeting of the CCG which is facing finding £14m worth of cuts. It is at Aylsham Care Trust on Tuesday March 17 at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Prospective Labour candidate for north Norfolk Denise Burke said people were concerned about cuts, and wanted answers on the future of the NHS.
Health chiefs should be accountable to local people, she added.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls