Pub serves up a treat for Macmillan nurses
- Credit: Archant
A local pub is offering cancer specialist nurses a free roast dinner every Sunday throughout May to thank them for their hard work.
The Kings Head Hotel on Station Road, Hoveton, which is owned by Greene King, is inviting all Macmillan nurses to tuck into the offer as part of the pub's Macmillan May fundraising drive.
May also marks International Nurses Day on Thursday, May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth, so is a special month for nurses around the world.
To claim the meal, Macmillan nurses and professionals simply need to present Macmillan identification when placing an order.
Bradley Torlage, general manager at Kings Head Hotel, said: 'Macmillan nurses work tirelessly to support people with cancer, and their care makes such a difference in the local community. May is a key month for nurses, both in the UK and internationally, so we decided to mark our Macmillan May fundraising drive and celebrate their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
'We're proud to support Macmillan and want to reward them, so we hope they enjoy our offer of a delicious free roast every Sunday throughout May!'
Macmillan is the pub company's chosen charity after raising more than £2 million in the last three years, and this is just one of a number of activities that the Kings Head Hotel will be doing this year to support the charity.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Rachel Gascoigne, partnership manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: 'Our nurses and other professionals work so hard to make lives better for people affected by cancer, so it's wonderful to see their work recognised on International Nurses' Day. We want to thank Kings Head Hotel and everyone at Greene King for their generosity in helping to show our professionals how much their work is appreciated. This is a truly lovely gesture and is a brilliant way to kick off our fourth year as Greene King's chosen partners.'
Further information about how to claim the meal can be found here: http://www.findaproperpub.co.uk/macmillan