Meeting will support men with prostate cancer
- Credit: Archant
The next meeting of the Norfolk and Waveney Prostate Cancer Support Group will be held on Monday, August 9, from 7pm to 9pm.
The meet and chat evenings are put on regularly by the group, which is conscious men were often reluctant to talk about health issues.
Attendees will have the chance to chat with others who are, or have been, on the same cancer journey.
It affords them the chance to benefit from fellow cancer patients experiences and to be reassured on the many concerns they might have about their own prostate cancer. Anyone who would like to learn more about prostate cancer is also welcome to attend.
Chairman of the group, Nigel Gardiner, said: 'We have been holding these meet and chat sessions for some years and know just how beneficial they can be for prostate cancer patients, especially those recently diagnosed.'
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be held at the Big C Cancer Centre, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply