People of all ages enjoy free fitness event at the Sportspark in Norwich
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
People of all ages enjoyed taking part in a free fitness weekend at the Sportspark.
More than 1,000 people attended the event on Saturday and Sunday which was held to celebrate the recent £1.3m investment into the sports facility at the University of East Anglia.
Phil Steele, director of sport at the UEA, said: 'We are really pleased with how the weekend went. There was a fantastic take-up and lots of new faces which was great. The weekend was geared towards gym, group exercises and pool.
'We had really good footfall. All the classes were really well-attended, the gym was fantastically well received, and we had some great feedback.'
The revamp has included expanding the fitness centre and increasing the number of fitness stations from 85 to 125. The new equipment has allowed for new activities to be introduced, including indoor group cycling, personal training and nutrition and weight management programmes. The changing facilities have also been given a face-lift, with the addition of new showers and cubicles.
You may also want to watch:
• Visit www.sportspark.co.uk
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp