Patients’ colourful work on show at Norwich gallery
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The colourful works of patients at a Norfolk hospital have gone on display to the public as part of a showcase of local artistic talent.
Patients at Little Plumstead Hospital, who have learning difficulties and mental health issues, demonstrated their skills using a range of mediums, which have gone on show at the Red Light Gallery in Norwich.
The exhibition of the work of 15 patients went on display at the venue in St Benedicts View as part of the Norwich Fringe Festival.
The works, which include pastels, drawings, watercolours, prints and models, were created over the last 12 months during art sessions with A4e Justice, which provides the education services at Little Plumstead Hospital, which is run by Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT).
Cora Mullenger, arts and education facilitator at the hospital, said the works were created during the patients' regular art sessions. She added that some of the artists and their families had been to the gallery to see their work on show.
You may also want to watch:
'Art can be very relaxing and gives them the opportunity to express themselves. Some of them find it hard to communicate, but can express themselves through art. Some of the bigger pieces of art were made by a group of patients, which encouraged them to work together and with others,' she said.
Stuart Goodman, who opened the Red Light Gallery earlier this year, said he was impressed with the standard of the artwork and the exhibition could be the start of a regular link up with Little Plumstead Hospital.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
The exhibition runs until October 19. For more information, call 01603 666039, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.redlightgallery.co.uk