Rootin’ tootin’ family fun on the cards as the Wild West comes to Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
People from across Norfolk and Suffolk are being invited to venture into the Wild West by supporting a summer fun day raising money for Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT).
The event will take place on Saturday, July 14 from 11am to 4pm at Hellesdon Hospital in Norwich. It will feature a large art marquee with an exhibition and interactive arts for all ages, a bucking bronco, craft stalls, a raffle with big prizes and tradition fete games. Visitors will be given the chance to pan for fool's gold, enjoy refreshments and watch live performances from The Volko Trio, Opening Night Ensemble and Mind The Gap on the 40ft stage.
The day has been organised by NSFT staff to raise money towards the £25,000 total cost of a multi-use games area to be built at Hellesdon Hospital. The versatile outside space will give service users and NHS staff the chance to enjoy a range of activities and sports, including basketball, tennis and netball.
Kerri Morecz, NSFT therapies and wellbeing clinical team lead, said: 'We encourage service users to include exercise and physical activity as part of their daily lives, as it can have such a significant impact on both their physical and mental wellbeing.
'The multi-use games area would be a welcome addition to our facilities at Hellesdon which would play an important role in further enhancing our service users' recovery.'
You may also want to watch:
Matron Heidi McKay added: 'This Wild West-themed event will not only give people the chance to enjoy a huge variety of different visual arts, live music, activities and games, but will also give staff the opportunity to explain a little more about our work.
'As staff we're very proud of what we do, and all do our utmost every day to provide the best care and services we can. The day is about our being able to share that too, while also having some traditional summer fete fun whilst raising vital charitable funds to buy those added extras for the benefit and wellbeing of our service users.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
Anyone who is unable to make the fun day but would like to donate to the appeal can send a cheque payable to Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust to Charitable Fund Officer (Finance), Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Hellesdon Hospital, Drayton High Road, Norwich, NR6 5BE.