Cinderella stars bring panto magic to young hospital patients
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Youngsters and hospital staff enjoyed a little bit of fairy tale magic with a visit from Cinderella and Prince Charming.
The cast of Norwich Theatre Royal's current panto visited the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Friday to meet young patients and their families.
Kara-Lianne Jones, David Witts, Alix Dunmore, David Gant and ensemble members Victoria Gardner and Jacob Bailey donned their costumes to bring some panto cheer during a tour of the Buxton ward.
Teresa Miles, Children's Matron at NNUH, said patients were thrilled by the visit.
She added: "We have had more than 30 young patients on the children's ward today and quite a few have had an operation.
You may also want to watch:
"It is such a big boost for them and a very welcome distraction to receive a visit from a prince and princess whilst they recover."
Cinderella continues at the Norwich Theatre Royal until January 19.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries