Norwich MP Chloe Smith’s Carbon Monoxide warning

Norwich North MP Chloe Smith is urging homeowners to protect themselves against the threat of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

New research from the Carbon Monoxide- Be Alarmed! campaign has revealed 68pc of households in the east of England could be at risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning by not having an audible alarm that can detect the gas.

The gas, known as the Silent Killer, is highly poisonous, with no colour, taste or smell, making it impossible to detect without an alarm.

It is produced when fuel burning appliances, such as gas boilers or cookers are poorly repaired or if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked.

Miss Smith said: 'I urge every resident in Norwich to make sure that they have an audible alarm and that they have their fuel-burning appliances serviced each year by a professional.'


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus