Norwich model getting ready to enjoy life after all-clear
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
In a series of heartwarming tales this Saturday, EDP REPORTERS speak to four families who have fought back against the odds
For Norwich model Kerri Parker the last 18 months have been a struggle.
After being diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2013 the beauty queen said goodbye to her loved ones in case the worst should happen.
But after going under the knife last year Miss Parker has been told her tumours have not returned.
The 31-year-old will have to continue to have check ups every three to six months but she is now looking to get on with living her life.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Parker, who lives on Newmarket Road, said: 'I was convinced it had come back. I was having severe migraines, my vision was going and I was blacking out. But when I got the all clear it was such a relief.
'Last year I didn't even know if I was going to live.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
'Now I am trying to get back to doing some of the things I did before.'
Miss Parker, who runs one of the biggest UK modelling schools, is getting
ready to fly around the world as she gets back into the swing of her career.
She is also preparing to run the London Marathon in aid of Brain Tumour Research.