Norwich man’s six cycling challenges for hospital appeal
- Credit: Archant 2013
A Norwich man has gone pedal power crazy for charity by pledging to complete six local cycle challenges for a hospital appeal.
Paul Thompson, who lives off Dereham Road, in Norwich, started his charity quest for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's Targeted Radiotherapy Appeal on April 21 at the Cambridge 100 bike ride.
He competed in the Tour de Tendring on May 19, Norwich 100 on June 1, and the Essex County Ride on June 16.
He was due to take part in the Suffolk Coast 60 yesterday and will finish with the Cambridge to Norwich Bike Ride on September 29.
He has already raised more than £1,000 to improve cancer treatments at the N&N.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thompson said: 'We have had four members of our family who have at one time or another suffered from varying forms of cancer and have attended the radiotherapy suite at both the old N&N and the new one. My mother attended through 1974 with lymphoma, and thanks to the team there she is still alive and well today. I am a keen cyclist and wanted to do something to help the appeal and let people know why it is so important we get the new facilities.'
Louise Cook, fundraising manager at the N&N, said: 'We are so grateful that Paul is supporting our Targeted Radiotherapy Appeal and is encouraging people to get on their bike for cancer.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
'I hope people will be inspired to sign up for our Cambridge to Norwich Bike Ride on September 29.'
To sponsor him, visit www.justgiving.com/Paul-Thompson23 and follow him on twitter @Paultcycling.