Norwich hospital choir’s first public concert
Members of a hospital staff choir are to perform their first public concert later this month.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital staff choir was recently formed as a result of a campaign by the N&N's hospital's workplace health and wellbeing team to encourage staff to pursue workshops and activities that enhance their working lives.
Meeting for an hour every Monday at 5.15pm, the choir has given one performance in the hospital's atrium so far, but is now gearing up for a concert in Norwich on Sunday, June 24.
The free concert is at 6pm at the Salvation Army Citadel in St Giles Street and the choir will be supported by Norwich Citadel Band, The Young People's Band and Choir.
Leader Hilary Winch said: 'The choir are really excited about performing outside of the hospital for the very first time and have asked for extra rehearsals.'
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a chance for the audience to join in with some well known hymns and a charity collection will be taken during the evening.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner