Diabetes youth group wins prestigious award
- Credit: NDDYG
A long-serving Diabetes UK local group from Norwich has won an award from the charity.
The Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group was described as a 'shining example of a fantastically well-run support group' and received the East of England Local Group and Community Award at a special event for Diabetes UK supporters in Colchester on October 13.
The group is committed to helping children living with Type 1 diabetes and their families. The group not only enables the children to meet others in the same position as them, but also connects parents so they can share experiences, problems and solutions to a raft of issues they face on a daily basis.
The group organises a host of activities for the families from bowling and rock climbing to truck racing and Christmas parties.
Gary Starman, group chairman, said: 'We are honoured to receive this award, but we also recognise all the other hard-working family groups in the region.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.norwichdiabetesyouth.co.uk
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail