City busy with shoppers amid countdown to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Norwich was busy over the weekend as people headed into the city centre to do their Christmas shopping.
Main shopping areas in the city were busy on Saturday and Sunday, including Gentleman's Walk and the Lanes, despite cold temperatures and showers.
People have been urged to shop local this year, with independent businesses having struggled to weather reduced trade and two lockdowns.
And with only more weekend before Christmas, people were making the most of the chance to head out.
Footfall has recovered well in Norwich since the first lockdown, though took a knock during the second one.
Under Tier Two restrictions, which Norfolk is currently under, people can meet in groups of up to six outside, but cannot mix households indoors.
The restrictions are due to be reviewed on Wednesday.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash