North Norfolk candidate Norman Lamb pops into Stalham school for mental health focus
- Credit: Archant
Stalham youngsters showcased their focus on emotions and mental health to Norman Lamb during a school visit.
The North Norfolk Liberal Democrat candidate popped into the school on Friday to see how the children had been marking Mental Health Awareness week.
During the week, children took part in activities which focused on understanding emotions.
Staff at the academy have been trained on attachment theory and will have further training on their understanding of mental health and wellbeing in children.
Mr Lamb said: 'I found it incredibly inspiring to see some extraordinary work underway at Stalham Academy. Literally changing children's lives and demonstrating that by helping children understand emotions they will all stand a better chance of achieving academic excellence.'
You may also want to watch:
Deputy headteacher Andrew Howard said: 'This type of work is vitally important because it allows all children to feel safe and secure. Without this bedrock there is no way that our children can achieve academically and be all that they can.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village