Norfolk service chosen in NHS 70th birthday awards
- Credit: NHS England
A hub which aims to be a single point of access for Norfolk's healthy child programme has been chosen as a regional champion in a competition to mark the NHS' 70th birthday.
Norfolk Just One Number, which is run by Cambridgeshire Community Services, was nominated for the accolade by MPs Chloe Smith and Sir Hency Bellingham.
The scheme means families and professionals across Norfolk can quickly access services from the right health care professional through one contact, rather than being directed elsewhere.
Since its introduction clinical and administrative response times have improved and the introduction of text based messaging services are providing alternative channels for young people and parents to seek advice.
Sian Larrington, head of children and young people's services at Cambridgeshire Community Services Trust said: 'I am absolutely delighted that the Norfolk Just One Number team has been shortlisted as a national finalist for the person-centred care champion award.
You may also want to watch:
'The team has worked incredibly hard to ensure children, young people and families across Norfolk are able to easily access high quality advice, information and community health services. This recognition reflects their commitment to achieving the best outcomes for Norfolk families. We're over the moon.'
Norfolk Just One Number is representing the midlands and east region of England as they vie with other regional winners from across England for a national award to be presented at a special ceremony in the Palace of Westminster in July.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The NHS70 Parliamentary Awards, sponsored by IBM and Teva, recognise the massive contribution made by the individuals who work in and alongside the NHS.
Launched in February, it asked the region's MPs to find and nominate those individuals or teams they thought have made the biggest improvements to health services in their constituencies across 10 categories.
From almost 160 entries, senior experts have chosen 10 outstanding nominations, which exemplify the best of what the NHS and its partners do day in, day out.