Warning over ambulance service scam
- Credit: Archant
People in Norfolk have been warned not to fall for a cold call scam asking them to take part in an ambulance survey.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) says it has been made aware of members of the public receiving cold calls from a mobile number asking them to take part in a survey before trying to take personal information.
The service has a patient survey team that collects feedback but patients are written to asking if they wish to provide feedback.
An EEAST spokesman said: "These calls have been in relation to taking part in an ambulance survey, before going on to ask for personal details.
"Please be aware that although the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust has a patient survey team who actively collate patient feedback through surveys, this team do not cold call patients in relation to completing a survey.
You may also want to watch:
"Telephone calls in relation to surveys are only made if patients have contacted us directly to request a call back."
Anyone concerned they are a victim of fraud should call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or visit its website.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub