WATCH: Crane lifts new MRI magnet into N&N
- Credit: Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Footage from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has captured the moment it received a delivery of a large magnet for their new MRI machine.
The replacement programme is part of an £8m project to replace vital imaging equipment that will change four MRI scanners and a CT scanner at the trust.
The precious cargo was carefully lifted into the hospital ward via a large crane on Sunday (August 22). The new equipment will benefit patients through improved quality of imaging, safety improvements and an enhanced experience.
The £8m project has been funded by the government’s 2019 ‘Aged Assets’ scheme, as well as through additional ‘Adapt and Adopt’ Covid-19 funding.
Work on the £8m project first went under way in November, and one of the new MRI scanners was used in May.
The exciting moment was shared by the NNUH on social media via a time lapse video.
You can watch it below:
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck