Paws for a good cause at hospital charity annual fete
- Credit: NNUH
The annual Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals Charity summer fete is back - but this time with a difference.
The team behind the fete have created a dog-themed event and encourages visitors to get involved in walking through the woodland around the hospital.
The event on Saturday, June 16 will see a range of entertainment, stalls and a dog show at the Colney Lane site to raise money for the hospital charity.
As well as the annual host of attractions and entertainment, for the first time there will be a chance for visitors to bring along their dog to take part in a fun dog show organised by Beachside Agility Group.
The show will have a range of categories including hairiest hound, best rescue dog, best young handler, best old timer as well as a chance to test your dog's skills at the rally obedience class.
You may also want to watch:
The dog-themed fete comes as the hospital welcomed its first Pets as Therapy (PAT) dogs earlier this year when they visited the patients on Heydon Ward.
The PAT team will also be at the fete and will be demonstrating what they look for in a PAT dog.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash
There will also be the chance to take part in an organised woodland walk around the hospital site, thanks to Norwich Best for Pets, and visit the team from Taverham Vets who will have their pet photo booth on site.
More than 40 stalls will be at the fete including food and drink, animal-themed stalls and even entertainment from the hospital choir.
Louise Cook, fundraising manager at NNUH said: 'We are delighted at how this year's fete is shaping up, we have received some fantastic support from individuals, organisations and companies who have volunteered to help us out on what is our first dog-themed event.
'Everyone is welcome to come along for what we're certain will be a great day out, whether you come with a four-legged friend or not.'
Entry is free and the fete runs from 12pm to 4pm with free parking on the main hospital site.
All proceeds will go to Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals Charity.
For more information about the event, contact email@example.com