NHS protest to be held in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The NHS Norfolk Action Group (NHS NAG) will hold a protest against the sale of health service land this weekend.
On Saturday, the group will be at Kelling Hospital and in Holt to demonstrate against the Naylor Review, where surplus land which could potentially be sold was identified.
They will start at Kelling Hospital at 11am before moving to the war memorial, in Holt, at noon.
NHS NAG want to see buildings and land reevaluated as to how they could be used by the NHS rather than being sold off. They believe 'each sale means more publicly-owned assets are being privatised'.
They are also calling for a full consultation with the public and health professionals, and for councillors and MPs to use their influence to prevent changes to NHS provision.
You may also want to watch:
The protest is the latest in a series of demonstrations around the county.
For more information, search 'NHS Norfolk Action Group' on Facebook.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?