WATCH: ‘Protect yourself, protect the NHS’ - New coronavirus advert launches
- Credit: PA
A new campaign has been launched by the chief medical officer in the country’s fight against coronavirus.
The advert, which will be shown across TV, radio, online and on billboards from Thursday highlights key actions to delay the spread of the virus.
It features the voice of actor Mark Strong and the chief medical officer Chris Whitty, explaining new guidance for those self-isolating at home.
Guidance this week sets out that individuals will still be asked to self-isolate for seven days from the onset of symptoms, but any individuals in the household will now be asked to self-isolate for 14 days from that moment as well.
If other members of your household develop symptoms, however mild, at any time during the 14 days they must not leave the home for 7 days from when symptoms started.
You may also want to watch:
The advert also reiterated advice including the importance of washing hands, being aware of the virus’s symptoms.
Professor Whitty also called on the public to seek help online rather than visit a GP and call 111 if symptoms became worse to ensure the service is available for those who need it.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m