WATCH: ‘Protect yourself, protect the NHS’ - New coronavirus advert launches
- Credit: PA
A new campaign has been launched by the chief medical officer in the country’s fight against coronavirus.
The advert, which will be shown across TV, radio, online and on billboards from Thursday highlights key actions to delay the spread of the virus.
It features the voice of actor Mark Strong and the chief medical officer Chris Whitty, explaining new guidance for those self-isolating at home.
Guidance this week sets out that individuals will still be asked to self-isolate for seven days from the onset of symptoms, but any individuals in the household will now be asked to self-isolate for 14 days from that moment as well.
If other members of your household develop symptoms, however mild, at any time during the 14 days they must not leave the home for 7 days from when symptoms started.
You may also want to watch:
The advert also reiterated advice including the importance of washing hands, being aware of the virus’s symptoms.
Professor Whitty also called on the public to seek help online rather than visit a GP and call 111 if symptoms became worse to ensure the service is available for those who need it.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub