New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new vaccination centre is set to open in north Lowestoft next month to cope with demand across the Waveney area.
Currently in Lowestoft, Kirkley Mill is the only vaccination centre, with Sole Bay medical practice in Southwold and the James Paget Hospital being the next nearest centres.
The current number of vaccination centres across the area is presenting accessibility difficulties for people living across the south Waveney area.
Conservative MP for Waveney, Peter Aldous, said he plans to work with the NHS to alleviate these problems and confirmed the opening of a new centre in north Lowestoft next month.
Mr Aldous said: "Next month a further centre will open in north Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a concern that some people in the rural south Waveney area, particularly the elderly, could have difficulty in getting to a centre and it is good news that this is being considered.
"Moving forward I’ll be monitoring closely feedback from constituents and I will work with the NHS to address any concerns.”
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall